Grilled Nectarines with Blueberry Sauce:
- 3 almost ripe nectarines (I used a mix of yellow and white)
- 3-4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 C sugar (recipe called for brown, I was out)
- 1/4 C vanilla rum
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinammon
- 1/3 C blueberry sauce
2. Place on skewers
3. Combine butter, sugar, rum, cardamom and cinnamon in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, get nice and foamy, cook for 5 mins.
4. Pour some of the sauce on the nectarines
5. On oiled grill on high heat, grill the nectarines til slightly brown, basting with extra sauce.
6. Serve with blueberry sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Verdict? Make this immediately. This was freakin' delicious, and as far as desserts go, relatively nutritious. Seriously yummy. I'm already thinking about modifications: amaretto instead of rum with toasted almonds on top, malibu instead of rum with shredded coconut, or honey instead of sugar with cloves. I'm also thinking about adding ginger or cayenne.