- Cherry-almond oatmeal
- Tamale casserole
- Spanish Veggie Soup**
- Caraway Finn Crisp
- To drink: water, seltzer, coffee
Alright, without further ado, a rather yummy breakfast recipe. This is modified from my go-to, Moosewood Restaurant New Classics.
Cherry Almond Oatmeal
- 2 C rolled oats (not instant)
- 4 C water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C raw, slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp cherry pie filling, plus extra
2. Toast the almonds on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5 mins until aromatic.
3. Add the cherry filling to the oatmeal, and continue to stir frequently, for 5 mins. Add the almonds and continue stirring.
4. Let cool for 2-3 mins, then serve immediately. Add extra nuts and cherry filling as desired.
Art Mart in Urbana. See pic below: