- shredded wheat with soy milk
- coconut bar
- quinoa salad**
- veggie-tofu stir fry
- salt-and-vinegar chips
- drinks: coffee, seltzer, water, coke, soju
- 1lb short pasta, uncooked (campanelle, shells, bowties all work well)
- 1 large bunch broccoli, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 6 large garlic cloves, miced (use GARLIC not garlic)
- 1/2 C olive oil
- Lots of black pepper
- salt to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- extra olive oil, as needed
2. When the garlic is golden, add the broccoli and stir until well coated. Increase heat to medium, and stir frequently.
3. When the pasta is added to the boiling water, begin, slowly, adding ladle-fuls of pasta water to the broccoli, Cover for a couple minutes to allow the broccoli to cook.
4. Check the broccoli and pasta for doneness frequently. When pasta is just shy of al dente, and broccoli is almost done, drain the pasta and add to the broccoli. Reduce heat to low.
5. Add the salt, pepper, red pepper, and remainder of the olive oil to the pasta. Stir til everything is well coated. Adjust seasonings as needed.
Kitchen Notes: Sometimes I add sliced cherry tomatoes for variation.