This recipe comes from Kevin of Closet Cooking . I followed his recipe pretty closely, though rather than tzatziki I used Chipotle Sour Cream.
Zucchini Pancakes with Chipotle Sour Cream (serves 2-3)
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded, drained, and squeezed
- 1 handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 C onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 C feta, very finely crumbled
- 1/2 C flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- peanut oil
- Chipotle Sour Cream, for garnish
2. Meanwhile, pour 1/2 inch of peanut oil into a heavy skillet. Heat over medium high heat (about 375 on my stove).
3. Form the zucchini mixture into patties, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Fry a few at a time, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain and keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with chipotle sour cream.
Verdict? Leave it to me to make zucchini unhealthy. A tasty alternative to potato pancakes. The outside texture is light and crispy, the inside rich and creamy. It's also now my personal mantra that anything with chipotle sour cream is delicious.