If you've never had a quinoa salad, try one now. Yum. A beautiful alternative to traditional tabbouleh & pasta salads. The inspiration again, comes from one of my favorite food bloggers, Kevin of Closet Cooking, with the recipe by me.
Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette (serves 4-6)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- juice & zest of 1-2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- large handful of dill, chopped
For the Salad
- 1 C quinoa, uncooked
- small tomato, diced
- small zucchini, cut into small wedges
- 1/4 C red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 feta crumbled
2. Mix together quinoa, veggies, feta & vinaigrette. Serve cool or at room temperature.
Verdict? Hooray! I love, love, the texture of quinoa, and I love, love, the fresh flavor of lemon. Makes an ideal lunch.