Monday, August 22, 2011

Tomato-Pesto Broiled Goat Cheese Dip

I became introduced to broiled goat cheese dips at one of my favorite local places, Radio Maria. There's is a pureed pepita version, which I've replicated before and will probably pop up on this blog when I tried it again.

I quickly learned that broiled goat cheese dips are mega-tasty, impress easily, and are a great way to use up leftovers. Here we go:



Tomato-Pesto Broiled Goat Cheese Dip (serves 2-4 as an appetizer)
  • 5 oz tomato almond pesto 
  • 2 oz goat cheese, sliced into medallions (I used sundried tomato-basil goat cheese)
  • baguette
  • 1 garlic clove, cut in half
1. Slice the baguette into thin slices. Rub the cut side of the garlic on each slice of the bread. Toast the bread slices.
2. Turn the broiler on high. In a 6 oz oven proof ramekin (ideally one that is long and shallow), add the pesto. Place the goat cheese slices on top of the pesto.
3. Heat in the oven under the broiler, watch closely, and carefully remove when the goat cheese is toasted brown. Serve with the toasted bread.  
                                 

Verdict? My strong conviction is that goat cheese dips are a nice crowd pleaser. This combination worked well. The warm tomato and creamy goat cheese are very satisfying. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment